Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Look Mike sent me flowers for my birthday!

What else did I do for my birthday? Well, I bought frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles to share with the kids at homeschool co-op. They all sang, "Happy Birthday" and "God Bless You." Then we all watched the inauguration of our newest president. The boys thought is was pretty cool that my birthday and Inauguration Day coincide. This is probably the first one I ever spent any time watching, though. What will this mean for our country and what will this mean for my daughter? Only time will tell.

6 comments:

monkey mama said...

Nope, not just your kid :). I was telling Shandy about what you'd said awhile back about teenagers and much freedom/little responsibility. He teaches at the high school and he concurs :). If nothing else pushes us to our knees in prayer, our children certainly will :). Enjoy all your "babies"!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Sorry I'm late.

Since you have an inauguration birthday, I must tell you that my little girl is planning to be the first 'black' woman president. (Maybe Amanda could be her vice president.) She usually likes to be called 'brown or chocolate' but after hearing all the talk about Barack Obama...she's now black. I reminded her that she's really Indian but she insisted she's a 'black' Indian. I suppose that would make an interesting blog post, huh?

Mike and Katie said...

That would be wonderful if she was the first adopted, Indian, homeschooled woman president! She would have my vote.

That is great that she is identifying with him and feeling proud of her skin color. I'm not fond of Obama's politics. I would have prefered Alan Keyes as our first black president, but I'm determined to see the positive and helping black or brown children feel comfortable in their own skin is a good thing.

Katie

Mike and Katie said...

Oh, and the First Family would be biracial(presumably) and you could come live in the White House, too, to be her children's governness! That would be cool.

Cascia said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I hope you had a great birthday!

I just found your blog and love it! I'm looking forward to reading more.

Midwest Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday :-) visiting from MckMama