Monday, October 20, 2008

Pig Tails!

When Amanda was newborn, I used Emu oil to keep her hair moisturized. It was lightweight, unscented and not greasy. As it grew longer and wore off in the back, I resorted to hats and pig tails to keep it looking nice. After the hair cut, Eucerin lotion held her hair neatly in place. By the end of July, I found Vaseline to be the most effective in keeping her hair from looking frizzy and getting tangled.



Now look!!



We've got pig tails again!



"Look at how cute you are!"

Now, I use Luster Pink Oil lotion to moisturize and pull her hair into pig tails after naps. I found a pack of 600 little colored single-use rubber bands. I use her finger nail clippers to cut the rubber band and remove it with lotion so I don't pull out her hair. It easiest to do her hair when she's sitting in front of me on the toilet, even though she only actually goes potty when she's sitting on the toilet alone. I face her and she holds onto my legs, and I, her back.



We will see what changes hat season brings to our hair routine!

5 comments:

e&e said...

Those photos are so precious, especially the second to last one. When did she get all those teeth? She is looking a lot more "little girl" than "baby girl". Augh! She's growing up!
elisa

Sugar Mommy said...

What a cutie! I read your adoption story and about adoption nursing. I had heard of the Lact-Aid thing and have know that nursing is simply supply and demand, but I am still amazed to hear that it really works for someone who had not had the hormones from pregnancy to help. What an encouraging story to those who want to nurse their adopted babies! Thanks for sharing it!

Also, I just wanted to say "thanks" for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! You are one of the first outside my personal blogger friends to do so! :)

I look forward to more connections.

Jamie said...

Cute! After reading a lot of information on the web about biracial hair, I finally bought a Leave-In Conditioner called Just For Me that was recommended. It does help detangle and moisturize, but Jesse's hair still gets frizzy. They also recommended only washing once a week which has helped, too. Thanks for the comment about my posts!

Michelle said...

I love her hair in piggies!

Please post a photo of her wrapped on your back when you play for worship. It would be fun to see it.

You are posting more than just Sundays, girl. I usually check all my favorites once a week, but haven't had time for a few weeks. I really had to do a lot of catching up with you! I might have to check in more often.

Abby wants me to tell you that she "loves" your baby...me too.

The Henrys said...

You have such a beautiful family! I look forward to reading your blog and learning more about your story. We have often considered doing foster to adopt one day.
Thank you for your words of wisdom regarding my question on MckMamma's blog. It is something I have been praying about and know God will guide me in the right direction. Thank you for your help!