Friday, September 26, 2008

Now it's even more official!

We received Amanda's official new birth certificate in the mail last week. The new birth certificate lists her new name, the place she was born, and Mike and I as her parents. I'm pretty sure this is the last piece of the puzzle. It might have come sooner but it took three months for somebody to realize that Minnesota can't issue a new birth certificate because she was born in Texas.

Now that Amanda's one year old, we will only need to send pictures to the birth family twice a year. We are open to having them apart of Amanda's life and getting to know them better, but that depends on their wishes. If they like, we'll still keep in touch through email. Of course, they can always come visit the blog and see that she is growing into a busy little lady.

Amanda and I had our physicals today. Amanda did well at the doctors office but they kept us waiting long enough for a disaster and long enough for the evidence to disappear. Amanda couldn't figure out her spill-proof sippy cup, so I took the cover off. I was holding it so she wouldn't drink too fast and she was trying to pull it up. My hand slipped and we were both got covered in orange juice. Luckily she was already stripped down to her diaper and my pants dried by the time we left.

Amanda weighed 20 lb. and 4 oz. She measured 29 in. tall. She hasn't gained much weight but she's grown taller.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I also welcome new friends!

Your little Amanda is beautiful and I loved reading about her.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jamie
The Blissfully Happy Housewife

monkey mama said...

I love Kung Fu Amanda. Have you heard of the movie "Kung Fu Panda"? I haven't seen it, but it came to mind as soon as I saw the bear outfit. Congrats on the final piece of the adoption puzzle for little Kung Fu Panda Amanda!