Saturday, September 20, 2008

Celebrating a Heavenly Birthday

This week we will celebrate my grandpa's fourth birthday...into heaven, that is. It's a Catholic thing. Saints feast days are on the day they died instead of the day they were born because that was their birthday into heaven. For my mom's family that means balloons at funerals and remembering the anniversary as a birthday. I remember spending many, many hours picking up sticks with my grandpa and when I saw Amanda with this little handful, I knew he would be proud of her.

Capturing Amanda's smiles has proved tricky lately. Here we are using the timer on the camera. I could get her smiling and then the camera started beeping like a bomb about to exploded and this little look of concern would spread across Amanda's face.

There's the smile. I was playing peek-a-boo behind a tree.

1 comment:

His Hands His Feet Today said...

I LOVE all of these pictures!!!!