Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Adoption Song

I've been singing to Amanda when I put her to bed. There's been a variety of songs, which ever I could remember. The "Our Father", "Dr. Watts Cradle Hymn", "The Chaplet of Divine Mercy" and a few others.

Then Elisa told me she had been singing the same two songs to Mari for the last two years and Mari has just begun to sing with her. I began to think of which two songs I could choose. I picked the "Our Father" because of this cute video and the adoption song.

You may know it by another title. Here are the words:

Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto to us.
Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto to us.
That we may be called the sons of God.
That we may be called the sons of God.

We pray that Amanda would know the love that brought her into our family and that she would know the love that brings her into God's family forever.

2 comments:

justeric said...

Excellent choice, Katie. What a great song. I'm pretty sure it will be stuck in my head all day now. It brings back some great memories.

e&e said...

Beautiful, Katie! Do you remember that was also Joshy's first choir song?

After I read this I picked Mari up and sang her the two songs I sing her at bedtime, but she just grabbed my head and said, "No, Mama, not bedtime." (It's morning here.)

It's awesome to hear "real", God-glorifying songs being sung into the hearts of our little ones.
elisa