Monday, June 23, 2008

Asparagus and Kale

There is nothing I like better than feeding my family super healthy food. So, when Amanda happily gobbled up pureed kale and applesauce, I couldn't have been more thrilled. She did make funny faces at the asparagus but that's because I gave it to her straight without first mixing it with a familiar fruit. After mixing it with applesauce, she ate it willingly.

This was the same day that Tyler asked that I would please refrain from adding beans (black turtle, kidney, and garbanzo) to the spagetti sauce. The men just don't appreciate the additional fiber, nutrients, completed protien with the whole wheat noodles and how the beans make the meat and sauce go farther for a fraction of the cost. Oh, well. Amanda likes my cooking.

2 comments:

minnesotamom said...

They sure don't appreciate it! I struggle with the same thing with Husband...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today; I'll be back to read more of yours!

e&e said...

The opposite with my husband; hardly a week passes by when he doesn't bemoan the fact that I don't know how to cook with "real beans" very well. In fact, he has said, "Can't you ask Katie for more bean recipes?"

Mari's the opposite. The only thing she doesn't pick beans out of is Chipotle and anything that is very mixed, like that sauce you are referring to.

I am missing you and the good times we had last week!
elisa