Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Two Talent Day

Amanda made two major achievements today.

First, she learned how to open drawers. The storage drawer on the stove and the bathroom drawer opened much to her surprise and at a detriment to her balance. Now we have to teach her to stay out of the drawers.

Second, she learned that teeth are very handy for eating crunchy foods like apple. Tony was cutting up an apple for himself when he dropped a piece of his core. She snatched it right up and started using her teeth to bite pieces off. When she saw me coming toward her quickly, she burst into tears because she knew I was going to take it away from her. Then I cut up and skinned an apple that she spent a long time savoring. This was the first time she was allowed to feed herself anything. It might be time for a high chair.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Isn't being a mommy fun? I definitely think it is time for a high chair, she sounds like she could be a very independent young lady. I loved it when my babies would start to cry just because they "knew" what I was about to do.