Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nine Months

At nine months old, Amanda weighs 17 lbs and measures 26 1/2 inches long. She has two front teeth on top and two front teeth on bottom. Her curls are beginning to grow back. She says, "Ma-Ma," "Da-da," "ba-ba," and "eeee," although not in reference to objects or people. This is her little box of kitchen toys that she plays with while I'm working in the kitchen. I don't let her dig in my cupboards, nor has she figured out how to open them, but I found her some interesting things that I don't use very often. Her favorite toy used to be the melon baller until I gave her the wooden spoons.

When she woke up from her nap today, she was clicking her teeth together. It was another new skill she discovered and had to practice.

She's learning to get used to the new sounds of spring- loaders, stone cutters, and stump grinders.

Mike said his favorite time with her is when he picks her up from her bed and she hugs him tight around the neck, other than that she's a little wiggle worm.

Her balance is improving and she often holds on one-handed while standing.

Both mom and baby suffered and are recovering from colds this week. We are thankful that we have been healthy for most of this year.

2 comments:

e&e said...

I love her fun summer shirt (wink wink)!!
elisa

Rene said...

What great toys!!! Amanda can be just like mom! Hope that you had a great Mother's Day with Amanda and the boys. I can tell you have definitely bonded with Amanda.

LOVE

Rene