Friday, December 14, 2007

Our little Christmas angel!

At four months, Amanda is 13 lb. 1/2 0z. and 24 1/2 in. long. She is very active and involved in the family activities. She grabs for her toys, our noses and the letters on Mike's shirts. She talks and coos all the time. She is sleeping 7-8 hours at night, although she likes to go to bed a bit later than I do. I usually pump after she goes to bed and early in the morning to keep up my milk supply. The boys are really enjoying her attention and smiles. She adores them and follows their voices around the room. Evening feedings are quite a challenge, because she's trying to nurse and take part in the conversations.

School is going well as I can read, correct homework, doing Latin drill or memory work while pumping or nursing. We are reading Little Men and King Arthur. Amanda does not like King Arthur so we read that when she's sleeping. Mike has gotten excited about memorization work and the boys have memorized the 23rd Psalm and "O, Captain, My Captain." Now they are working on the beginning of the Declaration of Independence. Our life is blissfully full and for that we are thankful!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love her smile! I can see why the boys love her attention.

School sounds like fun. How do you like Little Men?

Blessings to you and have a Merry Christmas!