Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pumping Marathon

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I've been on a pumping marathon to try to increase my milk supply. Amanda's dainty little suckling just doesn't have the same effect as a double electric breast pump. Amanda nurses with the supplementer and then after I put her to bed, I go pump. I've started to see an improvement already so I'm going to just keep going. It is so time consuming, but I realize it is really important because she will only be little for a short season.In case any of you have images of Robert De Niro in a recent Ben Stiller movie, the supplementer is a small plastic bag filled with formula with a tiny tube running into her mouth while she's latched on and nursing. Pretty simple, nothing crazy!

2 comments:

TulipGirl said...

Your dedication shows through. Hmmm. . . I think my friend Christine nursed her adopted baby. I'm sure you are already getting a bunch of good hints and support, but the more encouragement the better, huh?

Michelle said...

Are you drinking Mother's Milk Tea too? I am so impressed with your resolve. Keep up the good work, or should I say good pumping!
Michelle