Monday, October 8, 2007

First Cousins

This is Amanda and Reilly. Reilly is Mike's brother's daughter. She was born September 10th, the day Amanda came home from Texas. She was 8 lbs 9 oz when she was born. Even though Amanda is a month older, Reilly is just a little bit bigger. We're going to have fun swapping clothes back and forth. Reilly's mom sent home some clothes that were too small for Reilly and I sent her a box of clothes that were too big for Amanda.
We took their clothes off to really compare the two. Amanda began to reach out to touch Reilly.

They just looked at each other intently and then Amanda smiled at her! It was so sweet!
As I stood there staring at these two sweet baby girls, I was overwhelmed by the thought that when we found out they were expecting last year, I never expected to have my own little girl laying there next to theirs. It certainly sweetens the moment beyond words.



No comments: